On March 13th Ashley was in WASHINGTON, D.C for the NO MORE Domestic Violence Awareness Launch Event.
“Just finished my speech for
#nomoreday I was very nervous 🙂 hopefully I did ok. Either way I’m proud to have been a part of this movement.”
Their goal is to raise public awareness about domestic violence and sexual assault. They did a study and found out:
- 51% of all 15-22-year-olds in the United States know a victim of dating violence or sexual assault.
- 53% say it would be hard for them to help a victim of dating violence or sexual assault.
- 40% say that they would not know what to do if they witnessed a sexual assault or dating violence.
- 1 in 3 young women and nearly 1 in 2 young men say they do not know the signs of sexual assault.
- 62% agree that talking about dating abuse and sexual assault would make it easier for them to step in and help someone.
Read more here
Keep up to date and connect with